Sunday 11 November 2012

Myfanwy Dowding ASM on CInderella:Technical Crew Blog 1


I thing I have a bit of the blog bug. I'm sitting in the cold having just read Carols and Deans blog and feeling the need to type. So here it goes.

I'm not one to normally do a lot of reading or writing unless I have to, but reading the blogs so far I thought I should at least try to sum up my work experience here so far.

When I left LAMDA for the summer I was in contact with another company to work on a show with them over the Christmas period. When I got back to LAMDA in September after a hectic summer working on the Olympics I found out that the placement had fell through and I had to go back to square one. I was calling theatres all over London and a thought came to me about the broadway theatre in barking, its local and I know who to talk to about it. I took a chance and called u
p and here I am! I am over the moon that I'm here, I'm saving money and get extra time in bed! Well traveling from zone six through London and popping out the other side in zone two does take it out if you!
It has been a fun week one! Got to meet the team and experience the read through, I have never been in a read through before where the musical director and the writer sung the all the songs in the show! I also got to see one of the chorus groups sing with the principles which was lovely.
We have got some of the props already from the shops but we have quite a lot still to get, it's been a busy couple of days for myself and Laura and we are still researching over the weekend trying to get everything ready for the week.
I know it's going to be challenging but it wouldn't be any fun if it was easy!
So fingers crossed and good luck team! Lets get ready for week two!

No comments: