Tuesday 4 December 2012

Rather Tired Brain and Body Post: Director's Blog 30

Morning all!
Today's blog will be short and pithy. Yesterday, Day 2 of Panto Folk Weekend was lovely. I stayed in my PJS until 2pm, blogged, spoke to Anna at the PR agency, read the plans for press night uploaded photos of the show, had several baths, a massage, nails done and started to write Xmas cards but didn't get too far.

I know that I will be departing from my full time involvement as director of the panto shortly. Probably on Monday of next week, when the truths of fundraising etc and Arc business as usual need my attention. 

So what of this blog? I have been deliberating whether to close it next week as I won't have access to the kinds of daily goings on, dramas and joys that the company will continue to be part of. So it seems a bit irrelevant and silly to keep blogging when I will be at a distance, although not all the time I promise. The actors and crew will actually probably be a bit glad that I am leaving them to it and that notes will be rarer!

So I thought that maybe the way to keep it going and maintain your interest, Dear Reader, would be to invite a daily Guest Blogger to write a post. I had a tentative chat with Gabby, Young Company Team 1 Captain, on Saturday to see if she would be interested in galvanising her troops to volunteer for a day's blogging on a rota until Jan 3rd when we close. Gabby seemed keen and said she would ask her team if anyone would like to do so.  I hope they will!

I thought I would also ask all the adults, crew, cast and parents if they would like to pick up a day. So if this goes to plan I will ask each guest blogger to send me their draft and I will lovingly edit it, only amending typos and spellings etc; and then post it on here, perhaps with an observation from me if it seems appropriate. 
Once I get a rota sorted I will post it on here - so that you get a chance to see what goodies we have in store.

I am putting this out there as an idea and would really welcome your thoughts! I would also like to invite reviewers of the show from the audience to send me a blog post and I will put it up - again uncensored I promise! Unless of course it is offensive and then it simply won't go up. If its critical or acclaiming of Cinderella it will go up regardless, a bit like Trip Advisor. If you want to email me your blog post my email address is
carole@arctheatre.com

Audience reviewers will be welcome to email me at any time during the run and are not restricted to the cast, crew and parents rota. I will simply put up more blog posts.

So any thoughts, comments or other suggestions would be much appreciated as to whether you like this idea?  Please do feel free to leave a comment in the box below. I will read every one and hopefully post them all! 
Thank you in advance

So that's it for today. Off to see the first two school's shows of the week. Poor Barbara Jaeson isn't well and has lost her voice, so Phil will be working with her on how to mitigate any loss. Knowing her, I am sure she will get through it ok. 

I will be back tomorrow.

Thanks youwall! 


3 comments:

Marguerite said...

I think it would be a great idea to keep us updated by blogging what's going on with the show,cast and the detail's surrounding Arc..

Carole Pluckrose said...

Hi Margo - Thanks for this - We certainly will!

Carole Pluckrose said...

From Simon Dennis - Principal -Hocerill Anglo-European College:

Dear Carole/Olly
Firstly congratulations on a fantastic performance. We had a delightful evening and I know that Harry and Isabella really enjoyed it (and George). I will be recommending it to staff on Monday. It was great to meet your Mum and Dad they were so proud of you! Also thank you for inviting us it was a privilege to be there, a superb Arc production. If you need any comment/references let me know. When it has finished I will arrange lunch and we can catch up properly. Simon