Sunday 11 November 2012

Finally Blogs from Two of my lovely Principals; Dean Kilford and Sally Fisher: Acting Company Blog 1



So ... For the benefit of Carole I thought I'd write a blog (well not really a blog but some words at least) so that she can come in happy on Monday at not moan that no one has written anything!

When you start any new show there is always an element of fear - even more so when it's been a while since you've last done any kind of performing! These are a few of the thoughts that go through your mind ...
Is the show going to be any good?
Are you going to have a good cast?
What will the creative team be like and will they like what I do?
I can safely say that from day one the answer is positive in all of the questions above.
We have a fantastic show in essence that, even after a couple of days rehearsal, is really starting to take shape. That is down to the fact we have a great creative/production team that have put everything in place from the start and also because we have a great cast of supremely talented people that are bringing so much to every rehearsal. To add to that, the crew have done wonders to allow us to have set to use during the rehearsals so that it won't be a massive shock when we finally get on stage. Lastly, but by no means leastly (not a real word but I like it) there are some supremely talented kids that I must say were very impressive when they got to show us their stuff and I look forward to integrating with them on the stage.
To sum up this rambling blog type thing I just want to say that I am very happy to be a part of such a lovely company with such nice people and it makes the early mornings (early for me anyway) long days and the stupidly large amount of script I've got to learn completely worth it!
Here's to week one - cant wait for the next one.

Sally Fisher (Fairy God Mother - Marsha)


As I sit down after doing all my weekly chores in one day I feel compelled to add to the ramblings of my other cast and creative team members. 

So one week has passed already and sounds corny but I feel I have known everyone forever. It has been lovely to meet such a passionate,talented and dedicated creative team, even if they are all slightly bonkers! The cast have been made to feel so welcome and judging by the banter in the "waiting room" methinks we are all going to be a very close knit group of luvvies! So far I have loved every minute of the process and the rehearsals, can't wait for week two!



No comments: