Saturday 8 December 2012

Adventures of Cammie the Mouse (Cinderella, Barking Broadway 2012): Young Company Blog 2




Hi my name is Freya Michael, I am in the Cinderella panto and I am Cammie the Mouse in it. I’m really excited because I like being on stage and I like my costume very much!!!! The mouse ears are cute and I love the waistcoats.

I remember the first audition when I walked in and there were so many kids, I remember thinking “wow, so many children!” I was so happy when I got the recall. But when I got the message saying” You’re the understudy” I was pretty upset. It has taught me a lesson, it is “sometimes you get it, sometimes you don’t’’. But, like in Cinderella, there is always a very, very happy ending!!!!!!!

There were several weeks of rehearsals where both Youth Chorus groups practiced together. It was good to meet everyone, work through the warm-ups together and make friends. Cammie and Brie are ‘cartoon mice’ so don’t talk, but have to move and act out their thoughts/feelings. This is fun because we also sing and dance. The question I always ask my mum is, ‘how can the mice sing but not speak??’ They must be magical mice. After all, Marsha the fairy is very good at her magic…At this point, I am singing ‘’It’s hard to be a fairy..’’ you see, we even know the songs sung by the cast because they are so good.

I have now done 7 performances and there are 16 left. Every time is like turning over a new page in my Cinderella story book. Cammie loves to make mischief and is not scared of Ugly Sisters ad their mother. Brie is her friend and her saviour sometimes as Cammie likes to put herself in danger.

I like the team, I like the time we spend on this pantomime!!

Here’s to another great performance. Freya xxx


No comments: