Friday 14 December 2012

REVIEW: Laughed my socks off! Natasha Morgan 11. Ilford Recorder


Laughed my socks off at fun-packed Cinderella



Spruce up your “Boos” ... hone your “Behind Yous.” ... it’s panto season. Huz- zah! And they don’t get closer to the heart of generations of “Oh-No-He-Isn’t-ers” than that festive forerunner, Cinderella.The Broadway teams up this year with Arc Theatre; marrying all the traditional fun of pantomime.

Cinderella is played by Amy Green and her Prince Charming is Sharif Afifi. They join a seven-strong cast including Ian Crowe and Andy Gillies as the Ugly sisters; Dean Kilford as Buttons; Sally Fisher as Marsha the Fairy Godmother and Barbara Jaeson as Rubella, the wicked Stepmother alongside two eight-strong choruses of local children.


Review:

Natasha Morgan, age 11, from Gants Hill reviews the pantomime for Press Gang and this is what she says:

Recently I went to see Cinderella.  It was filled with magic, energy and humour
and got me laughing my socks off. From mischievous children to crazy stepsisters this production had it all.The ugly sisters, Nefaria Clenchbutt, played by Ian Crowe and Lascivia Clenchbutt, played by Andy Gillies, were definitely my favourite characters although all the actors did brilliantly.

My favourite moment was when Buttons made us sing about his yodelling goldfish. If you plan to go be careful as it may be you who is picked to yodel in front of the entire audience! Watch out for a truly magical trick just before Cinderella goes to the ball. Everyone gasped but I am not going to spoil it for you by telling you what happened!

The evil stepmother was wicked to Cinderella and even sung us a song just to let us know this. She seemed even more cruel than Cruella Deville! This was a brilliant pantomime, I had a fantastic time and I definitely recommend it.

Editor Note: Reproduced from Ilford Recorder December 13 edition

No comments: