Sunday 9 December 2012

Coral Ironside On Panto: Team Captain Young Company Two: Blog 4


Hey! It's Coral, the Team Captain for Group 2! On behalf of my whole group, I would just like to thank the Cast and the Creative Team for making this Pantomime special and really making us feel important.

On the day of the auditions, I was overwhelmed by how many people were auditioning, and that was only half, since there was another group of people auditioning that afternoon. This made me realise how tough it would be to get into the Pantomime. When I got the email confirming that I had a recall, I couldn't believe it! After seeing the people that the Creative Team had chosen to attend the recall I thought that I wouldn't get into the show. Receiving the email that said I had been selected to be part of Cinderella was unbelievable. 

Since I didn't know any of the Youth Chorus very well, as I had only seen them at the most twice, I didn't know if they would be as friendly as they were. My lovely group, the Cast and, of course, the Creative Team really made me feel welcome when we were all introduced and from the atmosphere, I could tell that the Pantomime would be very successful and enjoyable.

I quickly bonded with my group and we have now shared so many laughs and memories with each other already. My group have really made the rehearsals and our first few performances so special and amazing. I really couldn't have wished for anyone better to spend Christmas with this year.

So much responsibility has been put on us this year which is amazing to think that such a wonderful Creative Team trust us. Firstly, I was made one of the three understudy Cinderellas which was unbelievable when me, Stacey and Gabrielle were asked. Then, during the first show week, I was made Team Captain for my group which really excited me since I have such amazing people in my team.

Once again, thank you to the Cast for making this pantomime so special. It's such a privileged to be performing with such amazing talent, and you've made me, and the rest of the Chorus, feel like a big part of the production. And, of course, thank you to the Creative Team who have been so lovely to work with and have put a lot of effort into making this Pantomime truly amazing. 

Group 2's first performances have been so amazing and enjoyable. I hope that the other groups performances have gone well too, and I wish them, along with all the other Cast members, the very best of luck.


Editor's Note:
I am delighted that Coral has joined Gabby today so we have both Young Company Team Captains leading the Team Cinderella Blogosphere. We look forward to more submissions from these guys and their teams.

No comments: