Wednesday 12 December 2012

On Friendship, Buttons and Mice: Henrietta Michael: Parents Blog 3

Hi there.
Its been a busy few days starting to get ready for Christmas in between Freya's pantomime performances. It all seems to be going well and I know Freya looks forward to her days at the theatre.

One of the things I have noticed whilst chaperoning is the way that the teams look after each other. 

My son has recently written a poem about friendship being a gift. It got me thinking. This is so true of Team Cinderella. Spending time together both on and off stage has created a dynamic which is positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas.


The gift of the pantomime has become its power to create bonds between the cast, crea and now those who come to watch it. I spoke to one of Freya's friends today who came to  watch and she was talking about the 'Splosh' scene with great animation. She was talking about Buttons as if he were her friend and she was not happy when he gets messy!

Its brilliant how each person in the audience empathises with a different character. In fact, it would be interesting to see which characters the audiences relate to most?

I shouldn't really say characters as it is not a book I am reading.

Cinderella is a vibrant and living testimony of the hard work of the Arc Theatre Team, and I am proud to have a little part in as Mummy Mouse!

As the pantomime carriage rolls on over the Christmas period, I am sure many more people will come to watch and fall in love with Cinderella.

And the reviews so far have been brilliant!

I hope I haven't rambled to much and that the weeks ahead are full of laughter, a few tears perhaps and lots of friendships! 

1 comment:

Carole Pluckrose said...

Thanks for this lovely post. I think without everything you say at the heart of what we have been doing as TEAM CINDERELLA, we might have died of exhaustion or killed each other by now! xxx