Saturday 8 December 2012

Nerves, Friends and Fun! Ella Kelynack Aged 8:Young Company Blog 1


Email from Ella Kelynack's Mum this morning:


Ella got up this morning and asked me if she could go on the computer. She then sat and wrote this all on her own, which is not unusual as she is always writing something! When I looked, I realised she was writing about her panto experience, which I believe constitutes a blog and I know how much you like these!!! So here it is in all her own words x


When the pantomime started I was very nervous and didn’t want to go into the audition I cried and cried so my mum took me home. Suddenly I changed my mind so my mum phoned Nita to ask if I was allowed to go back in the afternoon .Nita said it was ok .So when it was time my mum took me back and I went straight in without crying.
We learnt a dance and a song. I found the dance really very hard. We sang solos to the song somewhere over the rainbow and the song we learnt was called Mischief. When the day was over had the song Mischief stuck in my head. I kept singing the song and doing the dance at home and at my Nan and Granddads house.
 When it was the next audition we learnt another dance and another song. It was a boiling hot day and hard work. When I got home I was shattered and went to bed really early. When my mum told me I had got picked to be in the pantomime I was so very happy but also a little bit nervous.
When the first rehearsal started I was even more nervous but I didn’t cry. We learnt more great songs. By the end of the rehearsals I had made lots of new good friends.
By the end of all of the rehearsals I had got the hang of all the dances and songs and couldn’t wait till the first show. The sad thing was I really missed group 2 and I can’t wait to see them at the last show.
Now the pantomime has started on the stage it has been a gigantic step up from just doing the rehearsals to doing it in front of the audience. I really like seeing all the children’s faces in the audience.
I am a little bit nervous as a lot of my friends from school are coming to watch on Sunday. I hope they love it as much as I do!
I have really enjoyed doing the panto this year and I will be very upset when it is over. I will really miss everyone!



No comments: